Day 733: The First Pole Lesson is Always Painful

On the day before, I returned to pole dance. I did know that it was painful but I didn’t remember it was that painful! I had installed my own pole at home a few days back already but it still didn’t prepare me for what was coming in the class. The first 20 minutes were fairly easy: warm-up and some stretches. What followed, was about 30-35 minutes of tricks on the pole. I shared my pole with another girl so we both could breathe in between the tricks. Oh, and it was so damn hot in there. No air! Ugh! The pole quickly became slippery and hard to handle. Why the hell weren’t we using any chalk/liquid magnesium? I do have my own tube at home, should have brought it with me? Anyhow, I managed quite well with the easier tricks. The teacher instantly recognised that I must have been doing it before. Yes, 4-5 years ago. I’m also stronger than many other girls. For them, this could be their only workout whereas I occasionally give massages, do push-ups and some strength training in addition to running. I did feel like a superwoman. But that doesn’t matter. You can be a kind of a superwoman, but DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) will get you sooner or later anyway! No way of escaping this! My shoulders, my lats… oh, so painful. Moreover, while walking to the train, a sharp pain entered my trapezius. At that exact moment, I wasn’t making any sudden movements, just walking. Possibly, my muscles were sore from last night’s pole class and they just gave in. Oh, well, over time this all shall get better and I will be stronger than ever.

Progress Report

1. Own and live in a house.

Quite a long and fruitful day at work. Two massages but also lots of accounting business. I’m trying to sort it all out!

2. Write AND publish a book.

Still not writing. How long can I go on like this? Read Matt Fitzgerald’s Racing Weight as a bedtime story and started my day with John Mullan’s How Novels Work.

3. Win a major race.

I was quite tired by the end of the day but I hadn’t gone running yet. I also met a friend in the evening. This all meant that I embarked on my run around 8.30 pm. Usually, I’d never do a speed workout that late. But it felt so good! I was powerful, I did it! 10×1-minute sprints. Might as well be ready for the upcoming race.

Photo of the Day

Evening run by the airport

What do You Think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.